Sunday, November 1, 2009

Friday's Travels

The Colorado ladies called on Thursday.  They were still snowed in.  So our departure time was delayed.  So I was able to spend Thursday night with my sister in Oklahoma City.  Then I drove to Hamlin, Texas to meet up with Sarah.  It was an interesting day.  I saw a field of camels west of Wichita Falls.  (I am not joking.)  There were at least 10 camels in the pasture.  Then I met Sarah and her boyfriend, J.W., in Hamlin.  They took me to their place in the country.  While we were waiting for Karen and Debe to call us I toured Sarah's barn.  She has some beautiful Hollands, Netherland Dwarfs and English Lops.  I never knew that English Lops were so gentle.  I also saw a wild pig that Sarah and J.W. trapped on Saturday morning.  Evidently, they are quite prolific in Texas and very destructive to the crops. 

Karen and Debe called us at 3:00 in the afternoon.  They were finally able to leave Denver.  Denver had 18 inches of snow (50% of their annual precipitation)!!!  Sarah and I drove about 7 hours to Albuquerque and arrived at about the same time that Karen and Debe arrived at 10:00 in the evening.  Albuquerque was beautiful at night.  I can't wait to see in the daylight when we come back.  We pushed through to Gallup, New Mexico and stopped for the night at about 2:00 A.M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment