Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sightseeing

We took the day off from the show barns today.  It was a nice change of pace.  This morning Karen, Debe, Sarah and I went to Del Mar beach at 6:30 AM.  We wanted to find seashells.  We didn't have much luck at Del Mar.  We fed the rabbits and then went to Tijuana Estuary with our friend, Mark Carson.  He is an avid bird watcher.  He had a great day because he spotted about a dozen new birds.  After visiting the estuary we traveled north to Imperial Beach.  There was a huge pier there.  The sand was great - soft and white.  While picking up a shell I underestimated how far in the tide would come.  My shoes and socks were soaked.




After lunch we drove across the Coronado - San Diego Bay Bridge.  It felt like the bridge was a mile in the air and two miles long across the water.  It was nearly that big.  It just felt like it.  Coronado Beach was our best find of the day.  All of us found bags of seashells.  We found several sand dollars that were intact.  There were a lot of baby sand dollars also.  I think we combed the beach for over an hour.  The sand was beautiful.  It had flecks of gold in it.  On this beach, I removed my tennis shoes and socks.  I enjoyed walking in the surf. 




At sunset we drove to San Elijo State Beach.  Unfortunately, the fog rolled in right before sunset.  So it was very hazy and turned cold.  The beach was still full of surfers, though.  The cliffs were awesome.




Tonight we fed the rabbits.  I took a picture of Spunky, our broken junior buck, who placed 4th yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment